10 Best Electric Knife Sharpeners – Buying Guide and Reviews
In this review, we look at 10 of the best electric knife sharpeners currently, a thorough buying guide, and some frequently asked questions about these sharpeners.
Though many people know electric knife sharpeners to sharpen knives, they are quite versatile. They also sharpen scissors, serrated knives depending on the model, and pocket knives. They are not only for professional users – chefs – but they also benefit home users. There’s nothing good about dull blades.
Table of Contents
- Reviews – Electric Knife Sharpeners
- 10. GA knife sharpener electric sharpening machine
- 9. Electric Diamond Knife Sharpener
- 8. EdgeKeeper Electric Knife Sharpener
- 7. Chef’s Choice 250 Diamond-Hone Hybrid Sharpener
- 6. LINKYO Electric Knife Sharpener
- 5. Chef’s Choice 130 Professional Knife-Sharpening Station
- 4. Chef’s Choice 15 Trizor XV EdgeSelect Electric Knife Sharpener
- 3. Presto 08800 EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener
- 2. Homegician Kitchen Knife Sharpener
- 1. Premium Professional Knife Sharpener
- Buying guide – Electric Knife Sharpeners
- Electric Knife Sharpeners Vs. Manual Sharpeners
Reviews – Electric Knife Sharpeners
10. GA knife sharpener electric sharpening machine
The GA knife sharpener electric is a God-send for pro chefs and amateurs alike. Much like the invention of the sliced bread, the GA knife sharpener is the next best thing to have around in your kitchen; to slice the bread, as mentioned earlier.
The GA knife sharpener electric sharpener 3-in-1 feature allows one to sharpen their knives, scissors, and even flathead screwdrivers. Along with making your blades razor-sharp, this electric sharpener also hones your blade and polishes to a bright shine. All these features in one sharpener save a lot of space in your cupboard. The GA knife sharpener is so easy to operate. You insert the blade into a slot and press the power button, and that’s it.
The GA electric knife sharpener serves a dual purpose. To sharpen your knife, honing it, as well as polishing it. It leaves your knife sharp and looking brand new.
- It is fast and efficient.
- A space saver as it is small and compact.
- Sharpens and refines the edges of the blade while reshaping its angle.
- Has multiple sharpening options: fine, coarse, scissor or flat screwdriver.
- Can only be used for straight blades only
- Uses regular sharpening stones and not diamond head.
- One might damage their blades if they overuse it.
9. Electric Diamond Knife Sharpener
When your knives are so dull, you feel as if you’re using a spoon to slice your fruits and vegetables, worry not. The Shenzen Electric Diamond Wheel knife sharpener is here to save the day. This sharpener is specifically for sharpening stainless steel and ceramic knives.
This one- of- a kind sharpener has the unique advantage of having diamond wheel precision sharpening. Add that to its two sharpening settings; coarse and fine grind, and you have yourself a very powerful electric knife sharpener. It has a distinct raised design of the guide slot, which allows one to sharpen from the tip to the handle.
The Shenzen Electric Diamond Wheel knife sharpener is a high-powered electric sharpener that offers consistent sharpening instead of battery-powered sharpeners. It means that you can sharpen several knives in a small amount of time.
- Small and light for easy storage
- Easy to clean due to removable diamond wheel cartridge and cover
- It is inexpensive compared to other electric knife sharpeners.
- Good for keeping the edges on a blade
- Works best with stainless steel and ceramic blades
- Not suitable for serrated blades, scissors or other non-kitchen knives.
- Does not easily create edges on blades.
8. EdgeKeeper Electric Knife Sharpener
For chefs who prefer the American or European style kitchen knives, the Edgekeeper Electric knife Sharpener is for you. It is a high-powered, high-speed electric sharpener ideal for fine-edge knives.
If precision is what you desire, then The Edgekeeper Electric knife Sharpener will provide it with its 2-stage sharpening process. And as the name suggests, this is the ultimate tool to sharpen the edges of your blades. It also features a removable magnet to catch all the metal shavings, which keeps your workspace neat and easier to clean.
For an always sharp blade, the Edgekeeper electric knife sharpener conveniently offers an innovative design that is effortless. This electric knife sharpener will work wonders with its wattage of 55 watts/ 120 volts, making it a high-speed electric sharpener, for fast and precise sharpening.
- Has non-slip silicon feet to stabilize it while it sharpens.
- Has an access panel that allows the removal of metal filings.
- Has blade guides that helps one position the knives at the perfect angle for sharpening.
- Has diamond-coated sharpening wheels
- It only sharpens blades with fine edges only.
- Does not sharpen ceramic knives, serrated knives, scissors or electric knives.
7. Chef’s Choice 250 Diamond-Hone Hybrid Sharpener
The Chef’s Choice 250 Diamond Hone Hybrid Sharpener is the ideal sharpener for all chefs. This gorgeous tool is a one-of-a-kind sharpener that has both electric and manual sharpening functions. It utilizes advanced hybrid technology, which combines both manual and electric sharpening.
The Chef’s Choice 250 Diamond Hone Hybrid Sharpener features 3-stage sharpening. Stages 1 & 2 are electrically powered to sharpen the knives. At the same time, step 3 allows one to polish the knife to an exceptional shine manually.
This knife sharpener is a hybrid model that utilizes triple-bevel technology, which offers durability. The triple-bevel technology ensures that your blade has an arch-shaped edge after the 3rd stage of sharpening.
This electric sharpener is ideal for the newer European or American knives with their 15-degree edges and most Japanese style knives. If you have knives with serrated blades, bring them along because the chef’s choice 250 is versatile and sharpens them.
- Offers both electric and manual sharpening functions.
- Can be used for serrated blades, pocket knives, straight blades
- It is lightweight
- Has ultra-fine diamond abrasive in all stages.
- Cannot be used on blades with thick edges
- Takes some practise to angle the blades correctly.
6. LINKYO Electric Knife Sharpener
The LINKYO Electric Knife Sharpener offers a mess-free kitchen surface with its easy-to-remove plugs that catch the metal filings and shards, which would otherwise fly out when sharpening.
This distinctive electric sharpener also has a 2-stage sharpening process. The 1st stage naturally sharpens and reshapes your blade while the 2nd stage polishes your blade for that shiny finish. This leaves your knife rejuvenated and looking new.
The LINKYO Electric Knife Sharpener is perfect for a good and quick honing which will have your knives passing the ‘tomato test’ with flying colours. Add to that, this electric knife sharpener is ridiculously easy to use. All you have to do is not apply more pressure than is necessary and you are golden.
- Gives knife blades a keen edge
- Easy to use. No training required.
- Small and compact for easy storage
- Has non-slip cup suction cups to keep the sharpener sturdy while in use.
- Has automatic blade positioning guides which give a perfect angle for sharpening knives.
- It eats through the knife’s metal quickly
- Does not sharpen all the way to the handle
5. Chef’s Choice 130 Professional Knife-Sharpening Station
For a chef who has a myriad of knives their disposal, this is the ultimate electric sharpener you should have. The Chef’s Choice 130 Professional Knife-Sharpening Station sharpens all types of knives of the 20-degree class.
It is a 3-stage sharpener with stage one possessing 100 percent diamonds, which sharpen the knife’s entire edge. Stage 2 is outfitted with sharpening steel which is super-hardened in addition to angle guides. This helps to bring about a precise and sharp edge to your blade. The final stage showcases a flexible stropping disk to create a fine and sharp edge. Stage 3 can also be used to sharpen serrated blades.
The Chef’s Choice 130 Professional Knife-Sharpening Station is designed with safety in mind. Which is why it has rubber feet which hold the station sturdy while in use.
- Has 3-stage sharpening, which is all electric.
- Has rubber feet to keep it sturdy while in use.
- Has precision angle guiding for easier sharpening.
- Can be used to sharpen both straight and serrated blades.
- Is only suitable for 20-degree class blades.
- It is a bit expensive.
- The set-up stage is not aggressive enough to eliminate the notches from extremely dull blades
4. Chef’s Choice 15 Trizor XV EdgeSelect Electric Knife Sharpener
The Chef’s Choice 15 Trizor XV EdgeSelect Electric Knife Sharpener is here to convert your 20-degree edge knives into bitingly sharp 15-degree edges with its trizor XV technology. Not only does it convert you blade, it also maintains the longevity of your knife. It does this through executing a 3-step bevel; to 25 degrees first, then to 22 degrees and ultimately to 15 degrees.
This is the ultimate super high-speed electric sharpener which takes approximately 1 minute for first time sharpening and 10 seconds for resharpening. The Chef’s Choice 15 Trizor XV EdgeSelect Electric Knife Sharpener comes with 3 stages of sharpening. The first two stages come equipped with 100 percent diamond abrasives for sharpening and honing your blade while stage comes with a flexible abrasive to polish your blade and give it a nice shine.
The electric sharpener requires no skill or effort whatsoever to operate as it is relatively easy to use.
- Sharpens both sharp and serrated edges
- Has flexible spring guides to control angling of the blade.
- Has 3-stage EdgeSelect system for a perfect edge.
- Turns serrated blades into fine-edged blades with continual use.
3. Presto 08800 EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener
The Presto 08800 EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener offers the easiest way to bring most of your kitchen knives and sporting knives to a crisp and razor-sharp edge. The most unique quality to this electric sharpener is its sapphirite sharpening wheel. This makes this sharpener faster, creating a razor-fine edge in seconds.
Along with the sapphirite sharpening wheel, this sharpener comes with 2-stage sharpening system. One stage for sharpening and honing the blade and the other for polishing it to a fine shine.
With precision blade guides, you take the guesswork out of sharpening. You get to position your knife at the ideal angle for sharpening.
The Presto 08800 EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener is also small and compact which makes for easier storage and uses minimal work space. It is also ridiculously easy to use.
- Small and compact for easy storage.
- Fast and easy to use.
- Has sapphirite sharpening wheel for fast sharpening.
- Can be used in professional settings
- It is not designed to work on knives with thick blades.
- It is slightly loud.
2. Homegician Kitchen Knife Sharpener
The Homegician kitchen knife sharpener may not be an electric knife sharpener. Still, it makes up for that by having the uncanny ability to sharpen all types of knives. Unlike most electric sharpeners, this handy tool will sharpen and hone dull and beleved blades, serrated blades and paring knives.
This magnificent tool features two arms made of tungsten carbide that will contour to your blade with a smooth grip while sharpening. It is small and portable which makes storing it easy.
Homegician kitchen knife sharpener is the perfect solution for blade that are not perfectly aligned or are hopelessly dull. It not only hones your blades, it also polishes it and gives it a lustrous finish. It also allows one to sharpen their Japanese blades, which are usually single-beleved and normally required to be passed through a medium grit stone.
- Can sharpen all types of blades
- Easy to use
- Fast way to sharpen knives
- Energy saving as it does not require electricity to function
- A bit slower than an electric knife sharpener.
1. Premium Professional Knife Sharpener
Premium Professional Knife Sharpener for Straight Blade and Knives is made of stainless which, if all chefs re to be believed, “is the best for kitchen appliances.” Having sharp knives in your kitchen makes cooking a joy rather than a chore.
This majestic device features a detachable grinder head that can be replaced without the need to buy a whole new sharpening kit. This electric sharpener goes a step further from just sharpening, honing and polishing. It also repairs your blades. This makes it easy for you to keep your knives sharper and for a longer period.
It will seamlessly sharpen all types of straight edge knives. Because it is made of stainless steel, it is a guarantee that you will enjoy years of reliable service from this sharpening kit. This sharpener is not recommended for ceramic blades however.
- Has a detachable head for easier replacement
- Is perfect for straight edge knives
- Has a handle that one can use to hold it down while sharpening
- It is long lasting/ durable
- Is ideal for both left-handed and right-handed use.
- Easy to clean
- Cannot be used for ceramic blades.
- Not ideal for serrated blades.
Buying guide – Electric Knife Sharpeners
Electric Knife Sharpeners Vs. Manual Sharpeners
An electric knife sharpener automatically sharpens your knife in a fraction of time, producing a smooth and burr free cutting edge. The sharpener is fast and has several grinding settings unlike its manual-operated counterpart and takes more effort. Here are some of the benefits of using an electric knife sharpener.
Suitable for all Knives
An electric knife sharpener is ideal for all kitchen knives, including those with serrated edges. However, you need to understand the type of blade you are working on since some blades require special attention.
The efficiency offered by an electric sharpener is unmatched. It doesn’t damage your knife, yet the blade remains razor sharp for long. Additionally, when using a manual knife sharpener, you need to know how to balance the blades to achieve the best results. The electric sharpener is easy to use and anyone can use it at any time. You only need to read the manual instructions to know how to use it.
It Has Different Slots
The electric sharpener is made with multiple slots that enhance course, smooth and polish sharpening. This makes it easy to sharpen a completely dull knife. You save money too because although the initial cost of an electric knife sharpener is high, it is durable and the sharpening process is generally easy. You don’t have to pay a professional each time you need a sharp knife! We can’t overlook the results either. Regardless of how dull your knife’s blade is, an electric sharpener offers you sections with different degrees of sharpening power. This makes the sharpener perfect for both coarse and smooth sharpening.
Whether you plan to buy one for home or commercial use, these electric knife sharpeners are ideal and will serve you well for long. They are currently available on the market and well rated by seasoned users.